You have no command of Dutch but want to understand and learn its basics.
Learning goals of this course
Your learning objectives are:
- To introduce yourself to friends, neighbors, family
- communicate in simple and language in shops and in informal conversations
- being able to talk in simple words about your background, wishes and needs
- understand simple Dutch texts and other forms of information
Newcomers, expats (also people living abroad), students and various professionals for whom the command of Dutch plays an important role.
Content of the course
The lessons are all based on the Delft method in which Dutch customs, culture, and history. The thematic lessons of the Delft method are very suitable for 1-on-1 conversation training in which you apply the learned grammar immediately. Your vocabulary grows every lesson with about 50 words.
Lower-intermediate level (A1)
The length of the course
Depending on your learning objectives and your availability, you can choose from:
- 20 sessions of 1 hour
- 30 sessions of 3 quarters of an hour
- 40 sessions of 30 minutes
- 1 to 4 students
Place of tutoring
- on location in Culemborg, individually or in a group of max. 4 students
- online (via Skype), individually or 1-on-2
- blended learning; Skype lessons complemented with intensive sessions of 3 hours per day
Depending on the frequency of your lessons and your availability, you will need a minimum of 4 hours for homework and self-study, additionally to the lesson hour.
- You have a good command of the English language; we sometimes use this language to explain grammar rules and the background of Dutch.
- You have time on your hands to do homework; writing and reading are not discussed extensively in class, but speaking and listening will actively be practiced, beside grammar and cultural matters.
- “Dutch for foreigners”, Delftse methode, the first 25 lessons (the first part of the book). Costs: € 19.95 for the app, € 67.50 for the book with CDs, € 93.90 for the book and website. More information at: www.nt2.nl
- “Dutch for English-speaking Expats“, Maik Klaassen, Van Dorp Education (€ 45), www.vandorp.net
- Tests from Bureau ICE for:
- Intake test
- Diagnostic test
- Final test
- Interim testing (halfway through the learning path) is highly recommended.
Taaltutor offers final tests from ICE, for which a certificate is awarded for each test. These tests have been approved by the Dutch Ministry of Education. The tests we can offer are: Writing, Conversation, Speaking, Listening and Reading, ranging from A1 level through C1.
Ask for an offer by sending us an email to email@example.com.