You have a beginner’s level (A1) of Dutch and are able to understand and use the basics of the Dutch language. You can understand conversations with your neighbors, friends and colleagues, provided that they speak slowly and clearly.
Learning goals for this course
Your vocabulary consists of about 2,200 words. Your learning objectives are:
- being able to speak more easily with other Dutch people, with your friends and family
- understand conversations more easily at work, at meetings and with colleagues
- communicate in simple and everyday language about familiar and everyday issues
- being able to speak and write in simple words about your own background, your current environment and various wishes and needs
Newcomers, expats (also people living abroad), students and various professionals for whom the command of Dutch plays an important role.
Content of the course
The lessons are all based on the Delft method in which Dutch customs, culture, and history. The thematic lessons of the Delft method are very suitable for 1-on-1 conversation training in which you apply the learned grammar immediately. Your vocabulary grows every lesson with about 50 words.
Lower-intermediate level (A2)
The length of the course
Depending on your learning objectives and your availability, you can choose from:
- 20 sessions of 1 hour
- 30 sessions of 3 quarters of an hour
- 40 sessions of 30 minutes
- 1 to 4 students
Place of tutoring
- on location in Culemborg, individually or in a group of max. 4 students
- online (via Skype), individually or 1-on-2
- blended learning; Skype lessons complemented with intensive sessions of 3 hours per day
Depending on the frequency of your lessons and your availability, you will need a minimum of 4 hours for homework and self-study, additionally to the lesson hour.
- You have a good command of the English language; we sometimes use this language to explain grammar rules and the background of Dutch.
- You have time on your hands to do homework; writing and reading are not discussed extensively in class, but speaking and listening will actively be practised, beside grammar and cultural matters.
- “Dutch for foreigners”, Delftse methode, lessons 25 – 43 (second part of the book). Costs: € 19.95 for the app, € 67.50 for the book with CDs, € 93.90 for the book and website. More information at: www.nt2.nl.
- “Dutch for English-speaking Expats”, Maik Klaassen, Van Dorp Education (€ 45), www.vandorp.net.
- Tests from Bureau ICE for:
- Intake test
- Diagnostic test
- Final test
- Interim testing (halfway through the learning path) is highly recommended.
Taaltutor offers final tests from ICE, for which a certificate is awarded for each test. These tests have been approved by the Ministry of Education. The tests we can offer are: Writing, Conversation, Speaking, Listening and Reading, ranging from A1 level through C1. With this level you can also sign up for the formal Inburgeringsexamen (Integration Exam). Read more about this exam here.
Ask for an offer by sending us an email to email@example.com.