You have B1 level and therefore a good knowledge of Dutch. You can easily make longer conversations in public areas, at work, with neighbors, friends and colleagues and in professional situations, such as during a meeting. Now you want to increase your vocabulary, idiom and grammar knowledge in order to understand complicated texts and to be able to communicate more actively and about more complex subjects with colleagues and fellow Dutch citizens.
You will learn in this course:
- to understand the main idea of a complex text, both on concrete and on abstract subjects
- discuss technical details in your own field or area of interest;
- respond fluently and spontaneously and communicate with fellow Dutch people without any effort;
- producing clear, detailed texts on a wide range of topics;
- to explain a point of view on a topical issue and discuss related advantages and disadvantages in these matters;
- to understand different idioms and expressions that many Dutch people use a lot.
At the end of this course you will have acquired a vocabulary of about 6,000 words.
Content of the course
The lessons are thematic and are a way to go deeper into topics such as Dutch (working) culture, history, politics and economics. The thematic lessons of the Delft method are very suitable for 1-on-1 conversation training where you apply the learned grammar immediately. Your vocabulary grows every lesson with about 50 words.
Depending on your learning objectives and your availability you can choose a trajectory of:
- 20 lessons of 60 minutes
- 30 lessons of 45 minutes
- 40 lessons of 30 minutes
1 to 4 students
The place of our lessons
- on location in Culemborg: individually or in a group of max. 4 students
- online (via Skype): individually or 1-on-2
- blended learning; Skype lessons complemented with intensive lessons on location.
Secondary and higher educated foreigners, such as Dutch partners, expats, refugees, international students.
The study load depends on the duration per lesson. With 1 hour of lessons per week, you need at least 5 hours for homework and self study.
You have time to do homework; writing and reading exercises are not discussed extensively in class.
Teaching material and method
We always take our customer’s request in mind and base the choice of teaching materials and the teaching method on the intake results. Because of the online lessons, we often use the Delftse Methode. This method mainly focuses on speaking skills and increasing vocabulary.
“Third Round, Dutch for Foreigners”, Delft method, from B1 to B2 Cost: € 75 for the book plus the website or € 65 for the online version of the book only More information at: nt2.nl.
“Dutch for English-speaking Expats”, Maik Klaassen, Van Dorp Education (€ 45), vandorp.net.
We offer the following tests, created by Bureau ICE:
- Diagnostic tests
- Final test
- Informal interim testing (halfway through the learning path) is highly recommended.
We offer final tests from Bureau ICE, for which a certificate is issued for each test. These tests have been approved by the Ministry of Education. The different tests we offer are: Writing, Conversation, Speaking, Listening and Reading. Levels: A1 – C1.
Staatsexamen (state examination) II
With the final level of this course (B2) you can take the formal State Examination II. More information about registration and the like can be found on this website. State examination II is meant for anyone who wants to work or study at the level of higher professional education (HBO). The content and tasks of the exam are focused on situations that occur in study, work and daily life.
If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail. We will answer your e-mail within three working days. You can also call us on telephone number 06-15 50 50 70. If we do not respond immediately, we are most probably tutoring. Then, please, leave us a message.